Saturday 13 March 2010

Some days you're 'the bomb' and everyone wants to be around you, other days people just scream "He's the bomb!" as they flee.

I thought selling stuff on eBay was supposed to be easy? - Apparently it's not if you're trying to sell cars! I've not had such an unexpectedly hard time trying to do something since that day I offered to help out directing traffic in Tiananmen square back in eighty-nine!

Well it's been a week of sadness & joy - as one friend leaves expectedly, another one returns unexpectedly. It's bye bye Spoons, you've been a worthy adversary - please try not to get stabbed in the face in Rusholme (although according to Wikipedia it's gun crime you need to worry about...) - and hello again KD! (Please don't stab me in the face! :oS ).

Mother's Day tomorrow and I'm sure, like me, you've forgotten to buy a card. I'm hoping the Sunday morning rush at the Spar wont be too bad! Luckily I don't live too far from a graveyard, so flowers are never a problem - if you're really lucky you can sometimes even find an arrangement that spells "MOM"! (Does that joke go too far?... I guess if I have to ask, then no, it doesn't...).

The next blog promises a US inspired theme - although if Jerry Springer has taught me anything about America, it's don't go there! Today's show featured a pregnant mom planning on becoming a 'lady of the night' (no that doesn't mean a vampire) to bring in extra cash to help raise her child as, "it's easier than getting a real job". Now I'm hoping she's got some money stowed away somewhere, because that kid isn't going to be able to afford to go to college... trust me, you agree if you'd seen mom-hoe!

I was going to end today with Roy Orbison's classic 'I Drove All Night', but there's something about the lyrics -

"I drove all night to get to you
Is that all right?
I drove all night, crept in your room
Woke you from your sleep to make love to you
Is that all right?
"

- that's just a bit creepy for a bedtime song (- notice how he only asks if it's all right afterwards! - creep!)

So instead I'll leave you all with something a little more cheery & upbeat - this is one of my favourite scenes from one of my favourite films - enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoWE1_GVbIc

Sometimes life is just about having a little fun (just be glad I didn't pick the Silence of the Lambs 'Goodbye Horses' tribute scene!) - goodnight everybody!
"ABC - It's easy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment