Tuesday 2 March 2010

It's been over 48hrs since the last blog and well, during that time I've been busy procrastinating my fingers to the bone! No job has been too small to put off - no task too urgent to postpone; it's a flaw that I'll get around to tackling sooner or later.

So as the Mondeo & the Mini wing their respective ways to the great eBay auction in the sky, I await my new chariot to be made ready - a Rover 75. Some may call it an old man's car with its walnut dash and 'classic' styling - I like to think of it as retro sheek (so what if the radio was pre-tuned to Radio 2 - that'll just save me some time right?). As cars go, it's won no less than 29 awards! - The Italians voted it, "The Most Beautiful Car In The World", What Car? heralded it as, "The Car Of The Year" and it 2004 it won the accolade, "Most popular British Forces Germany Tax Free Car Purchase" - oh yeah, you want one now don't you??!

I came very close to buying a very nice Mercedes, but I simply couldn't afford the extra expense of having to change the licence plate number - no matter how nice the car, when the reg ends "GEY" you just know that the associated abuse wont make buying it worthwhile.

So in China a boy born without pores grows scales & affectionately gets given the nickname "Fish Boy" - no doubt when he's older this will get upgraded to "Haddock Man".

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2872732/Fish-boy-stuns-Chinese-docs.html

Of course Fish Boy could have made himself useful in York, where drivers who'd been forced to abandon their vehicles due to the floods recovered their cars to find them full of water & ladened with parking tickets - sucks to be them...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1254891/Motorists-cars-flooded-river-broke-banks-given-parking-tickets.html?ITO=1708&referrer=yahoo

Apparently the best way to overcome procrastination is to focus on your mind on something, but what though? Maybe George Harrison & a dodgy 80's video can help set me on my way...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJvxjcY3Xcc

Goodnight everybody!

"I got my mind set on you!
I got my mind set on you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment